Thursday, February 28, 2008

JULIE OF THE WOLVES by Jean Craighead George

Julie of the Wolves is a heart-warming story that will make you very sad because of all the things that this character goes through. An Eskimo girl named Miyax makes a journey to Point Hope in search of her pen pal Amy. However along the way Miyax gets lost in the North Slope of Alaska. My favorite part is when Miyax gets lost because I think it shows a lot of bravery even though she did not plan on getting lost. I was very surprised because although Miyax is only 13, she manages to survive with the survival skills her father had taught her. Furthermore, Miyax was not always alone and that is when she meets the pack of wolves. I really thought it was so intelligent of her to be able to skin the furs, knit and cook food considering that she did not even have a compass. I think this book was trying to tell a message. The message is that you can do whatever you set your mind to. Take a rest and sit down, I promise you will not want to get up after you finish reading the book Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George.

No comments: