Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Castle in the Attic by: Elizabeth Winthrop

It is amazing to think about fantasy stories involving castles knights and magic, but in this story it all happens.

William receives an astonishing castle with a silver knight for his Nannies going away present to England. When William touches the knight, it magically comes to life and they become good friends. Sir Simon, the knight, wants to defeat an evil magical ruler named Alastor. William does not want his Nanny, Mrs. Phillips, to move, so he shrinks her with a magical half token and he shrinks himself too, so they both fit in the castle with the knight. In order for the knight to get his kingdom back, and make William and Mrs. Phillips life-size again, they need to steal the other half of the token, by defeating Alastor. Will William conquer Alastor to make the kingdom pleasant again, find the Silver knight and stop Mrs. Phillips from leaving him; to find out read The Castle in the Attic by Elizabeth Winthrop? My Favorite part in the book was when I found out who won the battle between Alastor and William because when I found out the result, my jaw dropped. I was so amazed, that I wanted the author to write another book based on this because I just wanted to keep reading it even though I finished the book. I guess the suspense paid off because the results were superior and relieving; I loved this book!

Chris P

No comments: