Thursday, February 28, 2008

Alice, I Think By: Susan Juby

Fifteen year old Alice MacLeod is most definitely in need of some social assistance. After being made fun of on her first day of elementary school, Alice is home-schooled. However, this means she has no friends and has some trouble making friends, but with some inspiration from her new counselor, Bob, she makes the decision to go to high school like a normal teenage girl. This means that making friends, thinking about the future and a new hairdo are without a doubt top priorities in Alice’s new and improved life. However, fitting in is not as easy as Alice thought it would be. She soon realizes, however, that you don’t have to change who you are in order to get other people to like you. In my opinion, the most enjoyable part of this book was when Alice meets a friend. This made me think of my own friends and how I came to know and love them. It made me happy to realize how fortunate I am to even have friends at all. In a way we are all like Alice, trying to fit in but in the end realizing that there are people who like you for who you are inside.

Christina

No comments: